Thursday, June 14, 2012

our "Little Light"

I listen to a lot of Pandora (an automated music recommendation service). Pretty much every other day or so while folding laundry, driving, blogging, sleeping... Discovering new tunes before they hit the radio is considered cool in some places, ya know? And… since I happened to marry a music FREAK, I gotta be in-the-know somehow or another, right?

Anyway, months ago on one of my stations, I came across this beautiful song about a little girl. The melody moved me and even though the overall pitch is somewhat sad, I saved it using Shazzam (a music identification service for your cell phone). Then instead of buying it on iTunes (a media player computer program), I easily made a playlist of all the recent songs I tagged using Spotify (a service that streams selected music from a range of record labels for FREE).

(Parenthesizes are for old people. ;))

On this Spotify playlist I have various uplifting songs mixed together with this one sort of depressing one. It was as if I fell for the sensation of the song, but because the words never really applied to me, I had a hard time singing/listening to it. {FYI - Adam and I, both, are not the kind of people that listen to music for the beat or the vibe it produces – instead we are nerds decoding every line and lyric, finding its meaning and loving it or hating it that much more. In essence, we especially appreciate music that makes you think/inspires. Like I said, we’re nerds.}

So, every time I chose to listen to that specific playlist, I’d skip that particular song. I couldn't relate it to anything. For months I did this...and I’m not sure why I didn’t just delete it? Ironically, it was mother’s day, I was driving back home - along with the rest of the IE- feeling a bit defeated from the response i got about our news, and there it gently played. This time, I let it go all the way to the end. This time… like a lightbulb, the lyrics clicked.

The "little light" is our Elizabeth.

From that moment, I knew God had hand picked this song for me (even months before I thought about adopting!), to sing over her as intercession. As I sing He sings to her and over her, knitting us together in the way He would as if she were growing in my very own belly. He's holding her until i can.

How amazing is that? Confirmation after confirmation has been received. There's just way too many coincidences to call them coincidences. It's undeniable His footsteps are guiding us… leaving breadcrumbs of grace to light our path... the pilgrimage to:
our little light. 

Just Listen…

1 comment:

  1. Can you email me please. christinascott23@aol.com. I dont see a way to contact you.

    ReplyDelete